Roadside Service Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
AAA is now hiring a Roadside Service Technician.
You will be responsible for driving to the location of service members and other customers who contact AAA Hoosier Motor Club and providing roadside assistance.
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• 1-3 months related experience preferred but not required and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Must be 21 years old
• Valid For-Hire endorsement on drivers license
• Driving record in accordance with AAA Associate Driver Safety Guide
• Valid DOT physical
• Possess mechanical aptitude.
• Dependable and trustworthy.
• Knowledge of GPS, Credit Card Swipe Machine, Electronic Dispatch (Mobile Data Terminal).
• Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures and all other company established safety rules.
• Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment.
• Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
• Verify that appropriate tools and documentation are in vehicle prior to shifts and properly maintain all equipment.
• Safeguard, properly account for and turn in receipts and money received. Reconcile the inventory before and after shift change.
• Read maps and follow written, verbal, and electronic geographic directions.
• Report delays in reaching service destination.
• Perform emergency road service duties, including jump starts, tire changes, lockout services, fuel delivery, light mechanical, extrication and/or winching, and towing services on disabled vehicles.
• Operate a tow vehicle in a safe manner with valid driver's license and driving record in accordance with the AAA Associate Driver Safety Guide.
• Operate computer related equipment, including wireless data terminals, vehicle charging system diagnostic equipment, credit card terminals, and two-way radios in a professional manner.
• Maintain and account for company provided fuel cards.
• Perform maintenance on Club vehicles as requested.
• Basic data entry skills.
• Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.